Pages

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Letter Number 61


This letter was my favorite letter of every letter Jake has ever written.  His Testimony of the Savior is beautiful.  His expression of love for his Dad and me made me quite emotional. Family is everything....being reunited with Jake will be amazing, but the growth of our Son has been so fulfilling.  I am grateful for  his mission and for his Testimony of Christ.


Allo, Bonjour, ce sont les missionnaires,


One could say that I had a long week,
One could also say I had a Great week!

This week  Elder Dayton and I enjoyed the Gift of the Holy Ghost and extreame unity in our companionship.  We had a ton of things to do every second of the day but I think we survived. On Tuesday I had the opportunity to go on an exchange with Elder Bodily my last companion and we had a great time together, we were already unified and we have both learned a lot since our time together.  We taught a lady named Cazaubon who is completely ready for baptism, there is just some secret thing holding her back, we had an incredibly powerful lesson with the turners and her. (The Turners are the senior couple).  We spoke about the standerd of baptism as contained in D&C20:37 and we felt as if the words were just simply placed in our mouths,  it was a wonderful experiance.  Elder Turner said "it is not that when we have Christ that our problems go away, but together with Christ we work through our problems".  It was a wonderful evening. we also taught a younger guy named John Daniel, who has known the missionaires for quite a long time now. He just hadnt reconized the answers to his prayers. he told us that everytime that he speaks with us he feels the presence of God. He said it is like a shock into his soul, after he said it I had the impression to turn to him and bear solem testimony of the sacred nature of our calling, that we have been called of God and have authority to act in his name.  Later on in the week he told us that he was afraid to get baptised because he dosn't know what everone will think, or how he will adjust to it. He knows that he must act, and he said that going to Church is not enough, that he wants this connection to God that we have, we spoke of Fear in opposition to faith. it was a very spirituel  lesson. Another lady Christianne, we taught her husband the restoration outside their house a few weeks ago and gave him a book of mormon. He left it in the house and his wife picked it up and read 127 pages. we came over and he husband said "I didnt read,  but my wife says she has been very enlightened from this book"

miracles. faith. forgiveness. mercy. authority. power.

We visited a member in the hospital that has a virus that may paralyze her.  As she cried with us and the Turners, I couldnt help thining of my dad.  I remembered and shared the story of the day after his surgery,  when the two physical theripists came in to get him up to walk. I remember vividly the powerlessness I had to help him, I remember the suffering of him being so dear to me. I remember his tears. I thought of the Savior and how much I love him.  How even someone so very close to me would take upon him that extreme pain, to be pressed by the weight of all of the sins of humanity,  even to the point that the precious drops of atoning blood were spilt. This was nothing short of an infinite atonement.  I am so thankful for that suffering, and I hope to do everything to return to him so that his suffering may not be in vain.

At a certain moment I also thought of my mother.  I was walking up a hill after a peticularly long day, it had been a day full of stress and the hill and hot sun were not making it any better. I thought of that ultimate moment when I will walk through those doors at the airport and see my wonderful mother and smile and run and pick her up and hug her and tell her I love her over and over again.  As I thought of this desire, I thought of one who is waiting and wanting me to come back even more than my mother.  I thought of walking to the gates of heaven and seeing the Savior stand there with arms wide open waiting to receive us all. how much he wants us to come back,  to acept his salvation we can not understand.

He loves us so very much.

I am thankful to have such great parents who resemble him and are such great examples of faith for me,

Love you all

Elder Lewis

Shipment of Books of Mormon! The Martinique Missionaries ready to Spread the Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment