Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Letter Number 4.....Jakes sounds like himself .....positive and looking and seeing the good everywhere!

Whew....It was so wonderful to hear the positivity in Jake's letter this week and see him looking so happy in all of his pictures.  Jake is great at making friends so it was heartwarming to see him with one of his best friends and to see that he is making connections with  other guys as well.  Only Jake would find someone to do "ab ripper x" at the MTC, well maybe I would too! If you notice with each letter he is issuing a spiritual challenge...let's all take part in these challenges and feel the spirit and teachings of the MTC change our lives.

"THERE ARE HIGH SPOTS IN ALL OF OUR LIVES, AND MOST OF THEM COME ABOUT THROUGH ENCOURAGEMENTS FROM SOMEONE ELSE."
DH LAWRENCE

PLEASE WRITE JAKE "DEAR ELDER" LETTERS AS OFTEN AS YOU CAN TO ENCOURAGE HIM .

Bonjour,
This week was actually super good but I neve know what to really say about all of it.
On tuesdays we have devotionals at the morrison center, and the month of July it was all former 70s because the rest of everyone is on kind of like vaca week, we might get an apostle to come in August. but the speaker who spoke was a former 70 and talked about the importance of becoming a preach my gosple missionary. It was super good, also some other awesome stuff he said, " the work the missionaries do echos through the eternities." "Preach my Gospel was designed beyond the veil and put togeather here" that was super cool because he was on the committee for the making of pmg.
Any who the best part of the week, or at least as far asI can remember was TRC, which is where members come who speak french and we teach them. but this last thrusday the member brough her bilingual (almost tri) foriegn echange student from shanghi. speaks chinoise and francais. a little english, but he started taking the lessons in english and couldnt understand very well so they started coming to the trc. I didnt think our lesson was even that good but the spirt in the room was like anything Ihave ever felt before in my life. It was crazy super awesome.
Watched the 1994 priestood session talk (fall) by Hinkley. called "Dont drop the ball" go to lds.org and watch it, like 10-15 minutes but worth an hour or so of pondering. Great talk.
Couldn't stop laughing in a lesson we were teaching to one of our teachers. someting was super funny about everything.
I'm getting used to the food here, or better yet, a better attitude about the food here. I lost one of the 8 pounds I gained because I  discoved a rowing machine in one of the gym places. I've been doing 5000 yards a day.

Sent off all of my good friends I made in the other french districts to the congo lion and paris. was a little depressing, our hallway is super quiet now. On the other hand there are 47 new french speaking bleus (french people call them blues instead of greens) comming in on wednesday. Pretty exciting stuffs.
Fast sunday was awesome. I had the oppertunity to bless the sacrament in french, super cool.
overcame a cold I have had for two weeks.
bore my testimony in french.
We have missionary confrance on fast sundays were the mtc presidency speaks to us for two hours, was super good.
Watched a recording of elder Bednar who is awesome, who spoke here 3 years ago, was super mind blowing and totally changed my perspective on teaching.
My challenge is for you to find the doctorine behind the application process. it will always be a scripture or a revelation, then find the principal, then you will be motivated to do the application proccess. like home teaching, find the scripture for the application of hometeaching, took me a while but i did. I challenge you to do the same.
Anywho, I have three more weeks from today till i leave for Trinidad and then to Guadaloupe.
4 down. 3 to go. I want the mtc to keep going fast but then I want everying to slow down again. crazy how fast time goes.

á la prochain,
Elder Lewis
side note, if there is anyone who would like this email could you give them it?
Jake's Great Friend Carsen Rosskelly  from Meridian  he will serve in the  Phillippines


Jake's friend Marshal, he will serve in Argentina

Elder Muler from Germany

Jake's ab ripper X companion!

Jake saying goodbye to Elders leaving MTC.....Sad!

Old Zone Leader Elder Martin going to Paris


No comments:

Post a Comment